Monday, July 21, 2008

Exciting!

Yesterday was an exciting day for us.

First of all, we finally were able to talk to my parents on the phone. It was the first time since our wedding (for those of you who don't know, a few days after we were married my parents left on a mission to Prague). Anyway, we had tried several times before, but had problems with connecting through, but finally it all worked out!
They are doing well--frustrated sometimes. The language is very difficult and not many people speak English. Occasionally my dad will find someone who speaks German, but, from what I understand, they live in a pretty tiny city so mostly they struggle along with their limited Czech. Also, sometimes there is not enough for them to do, but they are working with the mission president to figure out more things (their assignment is to oversee the CES work in the Czech Republic and Slovakia). Next week they will accompany the young adults to a regional young adult conference in Hungary, so that will probably be a good experience for them.

The second exciting thing is pretty great, but you'll have to wait to find out until I can get some pictures and it doesn't have to do with Heather being pregnant...........cause she's not. (I knew some of you would think she is if we left just the one period after pregnant).

P.S. Less then 6 days to go till Royce's b-day. I hope you got him a gift! :-)

6 comments:

jeanine said...

It's a good thing you clarified... cause I would have guessed pregnant.

So glad that you got to talk to your parents! YEA!

lori said...

good for your parents being such great missionaries! And good for you guys being so active and fun. Loved all of the catch up posts. Can't wait to hear about the adventures in person! Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

you can't tease me like that...and you better be prepared because I just had a dream that Heather was pregnant...no joke :)
and I've been meaning to tell you that there is a "Rolls Royce" street sign near us if you ever wanted to consider that close enough...we'd love to see you :)

Mer said...

Heather, Heather! It's me Meredith (Little) Lam. You know from F. Smith? I hope this is a good surprise. :o) I'd ask, how are you? But, I can see that congratulations is on the line. Congrats on getting married! I stumbled upon your blog when I was looking at Lori's blog. You look great! Your wedding dress is beautiful. Okay, our blog is set to private (thelamfam.blogspot.com) so you have to email me your email address (the one you use to log into blogger). Send your addy to merduslam(at)gmail(dot)com.
I really want to keep in touch with you it's been SO long! I really miss all you F. Smith girls and often wonder where you all are now. Well, I hope to hear from you soon! Love you tons! Mer :o)

Heather said...

That's right, it is a good thing that you clarified because I was thinking pregnant.

Glad to hear that the parents are doing well, all things considered.

Meredith lives, always wondered where she was and what she was up to. Hello Meredith, can I be included in the invite to read your blog? I already emailed you.

mcampbell said...

Wow...a whirlwind of information! So fun to hear and see your adventures. And it was great to chat with you last week.

Keep me updated...on news and surprises and otherwise. :)