Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS IT’S A GIRL….

Well it’s been a pretty good last week or so and I bet you are all wondering what the surprise or the excitement from a couple of posts ago was all about. Well you aren’t going to find out this time either…… Just kidding. This picture explains all:





Just Kidding. Here’s what has actually brought us some joy and happiness amid a time of struggling and tears…


IT’S A GIRL yorki-poo (Yorkshire terrier-poodle hybrid designer mix) puppy. My parents got us this for our “wedding gift” despite everything they did to help us with the wedding. Really I don’t think we’ll ever actually get her though. Her name is Buffy by the way. She’s a pretty friendly and small pooch. She unfortunately is NOT potty trained. We borrowed her over the weekend and she pooed and peed all over the bathroom (at least it was on newspaper), and even peed on me on the way back to my parents house. Overall she was pretty good, but definitely needs to be house-trained so she can walk on our carpets next time we take care of her.

(Heather's note: Here she looks, as she often does, like your common black duster.)


Anyway, that was the exciting surprise you’ve been waiting for. If you had read Heather’s post that mentioned the exciting surprise immediately after she posted it you would have actually known this before-hand, but we decided to keep you in waiting to see if any of you called and said “Hi”. I only think Amy did though. Ah well. We’d love to hear from the rest of you.

10 comments:

ROAST said...

This was my post actually, but I did it in Heather's account. I need some brownie points for actually blogging.

Heather said...

Okay so where did you get the ultrasound picture? I thought for sure you were trying to tell us something, but then again you could still be doing that!

lori said...

You guys and your blog joking! Remember that story about crying wolf??? I THINK I believe that you really have a dog? A really cute little black one? That is really yours????
=)
Sorry we're slacker callers. I finally got your message, Heather, after being out of town for a week.
I really do need to call...and get a little bit of reliable information. I'm not sure I can trust the blog anymore =).

Unknown said...

oh you guys...whose baby is that? and by baby I mean the us pic...the dog "baby" is super cute though and can I tell you how happy I am that her name is Buffy! You do know why right?

Dan Steinmetz said...

Nice joke...especially if you know it is a girl already...that was fast!

:) Anyway...I hope you enjoy raising a dog together. :)

Roast... Sorry about the whole email thing and the delays. Not sure what happened there. dsteinmetz21@gmail.com is the one I use regularly.

Brownie points to you for actually bloggin!

ROAST said...

The information is accurate in the blog. We aren't crying wolf, just kidding around. I like to try to make people laugh or shocked in my posts so it generates more conversation. And it really is me that is kidding around, Heather does not. I figured I'd create some huzz-buzz on the blog which is always fun.

YES AMY I do remember now why that dog name sounded familiar. Wasn't that your guys dogs name? My dad named her that because she is black and fluffy so Buffy.

I don't know if I made it clear but we really aren't raising the dog, and it probably won't end up being ours, I think my mom just said that was our wedding gift for the fun of it, and she has said we can have it eventually if we want, but I think they'll get to attached.

That ultrasound picture is from google images. I have no idea who's baby it is. I wouldn't even know how to put any real ultrasound pictures (of ours that is) up and we don't have a scanner anyway. I repeat Heather is not pregnant (at least not that we know of).

Sorry Heather for all the crying wolf and once again de-legitimizing our blog (but I did say Just kidding to signify the Just kidding parts didn't I? So that's not too much crying wolf just having fun! But I agree you should talk to us directly if you want the most up-to-date and accurate information.

Anyway this comment is longer then blog itself now.

ROAST said...

Also I hope I didn't offend anyone with my last comment, I was just defending/explaining myself. In a very jokey manner if that doesn't come across in my last comment.

Lindsay said...

Cute dog, though I have to admit that I didn't think of you two as dog people. :)

jeanine said...

What a cute puppy!

nateandrebecca said...

That is a cute looking dog...