1. Moving: On August 30th we moved into our 1-bedroom apartment. We moved everything from the truck to the apartment in 1 hour flat with the help of my two brothers. However, putting things away seems to be a little more time-involved. My excuses for it taking so long are a) that same day we had my in-laws staying with us, and b) school and work started the next week. I've been trying to put things away after work, but 2 hours at a time just isn't much. The other lovely side-effect is that every time I clear the floor and put one group of things away, I immediately seem to strew the floor with another group of items, leaving us with a very dangerous walking path throughout the apartment! But after a hard day of work yesterday, most of the boxes are gone, most of the stuff is put on shelves or in cupboards, and we are much, much closer!!!
2. Celebrating my birthday: I had a great birthday. That morning Royce brought me breakfast in bed, I was serenaded by my in-laws (while still in bed--a little embarrassing), and I received a gift card to the dress barn from Royce and a check from my in-laws. Also, that evening we celebrated more at my parents house (which, of course, my parents are not living at currently as they are on a mission) with my family and Royce's family. As far as I was concerned, it was a perfect birthday.
But apparently, Royce wanted to do more for me. So on Friday after work, we headed to Liberty Land in Lehi and rode the bumper boats and played a round of mini-golf (thank goodness for our Starving Student Cards--I think we payed $6 total!). And later that night he kept encouraging me to make the bed and start getting ready for bed, which was confusing because it was only 9:30. Granted, the bed was a mess. So, after getting some other things done, I finally started on making the bed, to discover under the blankets the following:



I was mucho surprised! And delighted. Perhaps an explanation of the gifts may be of interest to you. Perhaps not. But too bad, because I'm giving one anyway.
The Dress Barn--I don't know if you've ever been in there. They have some pretty cute stuff. But I just think the name is awful, and I've joked about it with Royce for several months. The joke goes something like, "Where did you get that dress?" "I got it at the Dress Baarrrn" (said in an exaggerated, semi-hick voice). Now I may have the opportunity to use the answer for real!
Sticker Book--As a kid I loved sticker books, but only the ones where they have a spot designated for you to put the sticker. I mentioned this to Royce, and, well, he got me the coolest sticker book I've ever seen. It's in full color, and there are millions of stickers!
Twister--We registered for this and were sad not to get it. I love Twister. And apparently I'm no good at it, because Royce won almost every round.
X-Box 360--When I asked Royce what he wanted for his birthday, he said, "An X-Box 360." And I kept saying, "No Hon, we can't afford it. Maybe you can have it for Christmas." So at some point he started saying that he was going to get it for me for my birthday. Boy was I excited. And more than a little surprised when he actually got it. The question then was whether to keep it or return it. Am I a pushover? I decided to let him keep it. Perhaps, though, I'll go into the parental settings and figure out how to limit the playing time to 15 minutes a day. Yeah, that would be ok. (Just kidding Royce . . . maybe.)
To finish off the festivities, on Saturday we went to lunch at Tuscanos, using my free birthday meal, went shopping at the Dress Barn, and spent all of our gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond. Whew, what a fun weekend!
10 comments:
Hmm...sounds like Royce had some underlying motives with the X-box 360...that's pretty funny. When I gave Jon an x-box for his bday, it came with a set of rules on when he was allowed to play...you should definitely make some rules (sorry Royce...I know your type...) :)
yea for fun birthdays! I love the dress barn too-mostly for the fact that they hardly ever have any dresses there! I am jealous of your sticker book. I love those things! Love you guys!
Yea! Sounds like the perfect birthday! I LOVE that you got a sticker book... I want one now!
Happy Birthday Heather! Sounds like it was a great day. I think I'll have to figure out how to keep Jeff from reading this post or I might end up with an X-box for my birthday too.
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration. Love that Royce got you an X Box 360 (oh wait that was really for him).
I want to come and see you all, Trumans too, this weekend. Jared is going to be out of town and we are going to grandma and Grandpa's for some "quality time". Perhaps Saturday or Sunday would be a good day for us to venture down there. Let me know
super fun!!! you guys are awesome! and of couse we want to se you! and of course you don't need to wait for an invitation! How about next week? I think wes's parents will be here this weekend, but if they chage their minds...then this weekend will be great. When we solidify plans i'll let you know!
Sounds like a great day, Heath! Sorry we missed the festivities! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys in a few weeks.
Happy birthday Heather!
Sounds like a fun birthday! That is funny that you got a sticker book...we used to always get those for really long car trips when we were little.
I love your postings, they're so fun and so you!! I need to pop in and say hi one of these days, I walk past your office twice a week on my way to or from Flute Choir! Anyway, hope you enjoy your awesome birthday presents. Love you!!!
Post a Comment