Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Half a post

Are you dying to know how the party went? Have you been biting your nails all weekend waiting for this post? I thought so.

Despite the fact that I was way-unorganized, and spent too much time cleaning the bathroom rather than cooking the food, it turned out to be a successful party.

1. People came! (Don't you always kind of get nervous about that when you have parties--but I also worry about people feeling obligated because everyone is so busy!) Actually, the perfect number of people came. As much as we would have loved to have every single one of you there, I don't think our tiny apartment could have fit you all.

2. The food turned out decent--we had half-English Muffin pizzas, half-Little Smokies, half-circle of shrimp, half-bowl of carrots, whole meatballs (I ended up dropping the ball on that one), half-cookies, half-and-half chocolate/yellow cake, and a bowl of gold-fish and snack mix divided in half by a piece of the Fruity Pebbles box, courtesy of Royce.

3. Royce received half-gifts: One mitten, half a plate of half-cookies, a whole plate of half muffins,
half a bag of homemade biscotti, half a deck of cards, and half a box of Little Caesar's pizza!

4. We played games: Pin half-the-Nose on half-the-Clown (I gave away two prizes--now you wish you had come, huh?), Scene-It, and Ticket to Ride Europe.

5. And I took no pictures--sad, huh.

So there you have it--the best half-party ever! Well, until next year . . .

9 comments:

pandaswat.sarah said...

I'm so glad Royce's half-birthday went so well! Sorry I couldn't be there to win a prize (cuz you know I so would have won!) Sounds like you wouldn't have had room for me anyway. :) Happy Half-Birthday!

Heather said...

It sounds like it was a lot of fun, wish we could have made. Jared came home sick, so it was probably better that we didn't.

lori said...

You took no pictures?! Good thing we got to see the cake in person then! =) Love this tradition!

nateandrebecca said...

Sounds like fun. I was hoping for pictures since we couldn't be there, but I forget to take pictures sometimes too. Glad it turned out so well!

jeanine said...

So fun! Wish we could have been there!
And shame on you for taking no pictures! What kind of blogger are you? ;)

Marianne said...

Heather, you guys are awesome!! I love it that you celebrate half-birthdays with half of everything!! I saw you guys the other day on campus, but I was in my car going the other direction, so I yelled, "Hi Heather!!" inside my car. You probably didn't hear me, though. ;0)

heath said...

Oh Marianne, I wish I could have heard you say hello; it would have made my day! But that's ok, because your comment made my day today!

bri said...

we went private, and I didn't have your address, so send it to me at bakestr@juno.com
thanks ben

Heidi said...

That is awesome! We are planning on making Paige's upcoming half-birthday a big deal too. (I think I'm feeling a bit of guilt for keeping her 6th birthday so low key.) Anyway, half-birthdays are great. There are no expectations, so any little thing feels special and exciting! Wish we could have been a part of the festivities!