Thanks everyone for your input on my 30 by 30 list. I made some comments about your comments (if you commented, if you didn't do!) in the comments section on that post, so be sure to check that out. Feel free to continue to offer comments and suggestions on this list as it gets closer to my 30th birthday which is still around 1 year 8 months away.
I just want to quickly address the poll I had setup on the side before moving on to the update on number 6. Thanks for voting on the poll. I"ve set up a new poll to gauge what exact number of 6-10 you wanted me to emphasize. If it's #6 Get LASIK I'm kind of emphasizing it in this post so I also left open the option for you to vote for "Some other number." Please vote!
So I went in for a before LASIK eye appointment. I have a LASIK procedure scheduled for Friday. They say I am eligible for LASIK, PRK, or ICL. I'll do my best to explain each of these.
LASIK they lift an eye flap and laser your cornea as I understand it. This helps you have better eye sight. It has a one day recovery period. The cons to this are I may not have enough cornea left to get re-LASIKed if my eyes eventually get worse. However I probably will have enough corena left for at least one touchup and if not I can get PRK as a touch up.
PRK is where they just lazer your outer eye. I think the doctor described the irritation to be like someone scratched up your outer eye. It has the longest recovery period (at least 4 days), but they don't take away any of your cornea and it still gives you super eye sight.
ICL is where they basically put a permanent contact lense in your eye. It's more expensive, but if my eyes get worse apparently they can perform LASIK through the ICL to improve my eye.
I was leaning toward ICL before I found out that with the LASIK I would probably have enough left for a retreatment and that they could perform PRK on my eye if there is not enough cornea left. Also the follow up retreatments/PRK wouldn't cost any more than what I am already paying versus the LASIK eventually after ICL which would cost money to have done after getting the ICL. So now I'm leaning slightly more toward LASIK. My 30 by 30 does say "Get Lasik" not PRK or ICL, but that's not really a consideration for me.
Any opinions or anyone with experience with any of these procedures that want to offer their comments/suggestions? Please do so soon because the LASIK procedure is scheduled for Friday.
3 comments:
I would vote for #9, but that's not really in our control, so I'll vote for the least dangerous one (i.e. not thrilled about you doing dangerous things).
I say save the money and rock the glasses. And make it so I don't have to log in to Google to leave comments on your website!
Yeah if we don't use the money we lose it because of flex spending. Also I don't want to open our blog comments up to anonymous commentators (Not that we'd have any).
Post a Comment