Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rewind

I'm feeling all sorts of unfulfilled today. Suddenly at 10:00 last night, as Royce and I were kneeling by our bed, I finally realized that yesterday (today at the time) was an unbelievably awesome day. Why was it so awesome? You look at this and tell me:
01-11-10.

It's a palindrome! How great is that? But I'm so sad that I didn't realize it until bedtime! Too late to blog about it then (especially last night--I was pretty loopy; I started telling Royce a story about a brook that wanted to get out of the desert . . . ). I was even considering pre-dating this post so it looked like I posted it yesterday. But that would not feel anymore fulfilling than posting about it a day late.

So anyway, I did some calculations and figured out that the last time the date was a palindrome was 10-22-01, and before that 10-11-01. (And right as I figured that out, I burst my own bubble by realizing that we'll have another one on 01-22-10--not so far away.) But before that, the last one we had was on 12-22-21. Wow, that's like 80 years!

For all you naysayers, I realize that this all is defunct if you use the European way of listing dates (day, month, year), but I'm American, dang it all! And if you still want to rain on my parade, all I have to say is 11-11-11: party at my house!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

at least you realized it eventually! and I'm all about having a party 11 11 11--if my dream of giving birth that day doesn't come true.

Lindsay said...

11-11-11, yes. But what about 10-10-10? It's coming up sooner. Of course, maybe you're partial to 11s? Anyway, both of my boys had due dates near cool days like that. If he didn't come quite so early as he did,Garrett could have been born on 07-07-07 and if Caleb came a couple days late, he could have been born on 09-09-09. But it didn't work out. Which, really, is too bad.

heath said...

Amy, I totally want to have a baby on that day as well! And Lindsay, those dates are pretty cool, but they're not palindromes, so . . .

heath said...

Amy, I just looked at a full moon calendar and there is a full moon November 10, 2011. So I'd say there's a fair chance that if you're due in November you could have your baby on the 11th (Lindsay, wasn't it you that said that a lot of women give birth near the full moon?)

jeanine said...

I didn't realize that at all... so kudos to you even though it wasn't until bedtime. This post made me miss you...

ROAST said...

Remember how you still need to put those dead turkey pictures on our blog Heather?

Sharon said...

Wow, that is totally something I would have noticed, and I totally missed it! At least 11-11-11 isn't a whole 80 years away!

lori said...

we'll be there. at the 11-11-11 party.
(I want to hear your story about the desert stream)

Ryan said...

I'm excited for your 11/11/11 party. I think you should have an 11 second countdown starting at 11:11.00 and running 'til 11:11.11 (maybe you could record the Times Square ball drop and replay it that night). 11:11.11 11/11/11 will be the coolest second of our lives.

-Ryan

ROAST said...

would that have to be in the morning though Ryan? Or do we not care about military time.