Friday, November 21, 2008

The 7:45 bus is always late . . .

Well, technically it could be on time. And today was a closer call than I liked. I don't like standing in the cold, so I leave my apartment at the last possible minute. Sometimes I run to the bus stop, partially because it creates more body heat. Today I ran because as the light turned yellow, I saw the bus zip through the intersection. What?! Lucky for me, there were two people waiting at the bus stop. Otherwise the bus would have soared right on by. As it was, I was able to run across the street and get on, meanwhile dropping my phone, turning back to pick it up, and trying to retrieve my bus pass from my wallet. Whew! (And this, of course, would be the morning where I actually know people who are on the bus. Do you think they were watching?)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely don't miss riding the bus around. Don't get me wrong; buses are great in many ways and help out a lot of people. However, I definitely don't miss standing out waiting for them in disagreeable weather, and I definitely don't miss that sinking feeling that one gets when watching the bus from a distance as it drives by the stop early, knowing that the next bus doesn't even come by for another hour...

jeanine said...

YIKES! Glad that you caught it though!

Heather said...

Oh how I loved the buses. The days of riding from Provo to South Salt Lake. The joys. Hey what are you doing tonight? (I know short notice)

lori said...

classic.

bri said...

hey we decied to go private, so if you would still like to view our blog, just email me your address
bjisn1@yahoo.com

Kayla said...

This (among many many other reasons) is why I love you. And you totally should plan on Christmas Eve at our house! We just hang out but it will be fun! It was really fun to spend some time with you guys this weekend! Love you both!

nateandrebecca said...

By the way...that anonymous comment was from me. I didn't realize I had posted as "Anonymous" until just now...